As a city with a very long history, Yogyakarta has various unique cultural features, ranging from the mixture of multiple religions with Javanese beliefs to its unique cross-government system between a kingdom and a republic. In which, all of them are perfectly integrated and created great cultural values that are clearly reflected in the daily life of the locals.
We will be taking you to treasure the finest Yogyakarta experience through our food tour. Savour the traditional Yogyakarta breakfast menus with the best nasi gudeg in town as we saunter through the traditional market of Bringharjo to explore an array of long-standing traditional food vendors and try as many Indonesian foods as you can find there. And do not forget to interact with the friendly locals while there. You can also experience a fun-ride using Yogyakarta’s traditional transportation mode and end this food tour by having a great lunch in a royal historical site that holds its charming own story. All the features that we offer in this food tour have its own unique characteristic and story in every spot and dish.
Start at 9 am to 2 pm
– Editor’s pick Nasi Gudeg (sweet jackfruit cooked in palm sugar)
– Deep fried snacks
– Javanese sweet coconut milk ice drink
– Traditional Javanese beef jerky
– Special juicy satay that is only available in Yogyakarta
– Javanese salad with basil peanut sauce
– Exotic lunch at aristocratic place
– 7-8 types of foods in 5 hours (small to medium portions that will be more than enough to make us full).
– Small group capacity (maximum 8 people per guide)
– Professional local guide (English speaking)
– Hotel transfer by car
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
– Children must be accompanied by an adult
– Minimum numbers apply: 2 participants (There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund)
– Not wheelchair accessible
– Wear comfortable and relax clothing
The Phoenix Hotel Lobby
Jalan Jendral Sudirman No. 9, Cokrodiningratan, Jetis, Cokrodiningratan, Yogyakarta, Kota Yogyakarta, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta 55233
9 am to 2 pm
5 hrs (approx.)
Back to The Phoenix Hotel